Love is Free

As an educator it's very important that my students feel loved, supported, and cared about. Since I began my teaching career, I've always been a fan of letting my students know that Miss May believes in them. I can remember writing notes to my third graders on a random day and having them posted on their desk in the morning. Seeing those smiling faces as they read their note was such a great sight to see. Well I do the same thing with my first graders as well. My goal is to always have a note on their desk at least twice a week. I must say it means a lot to them. All I do is take a sticky note and write something nice and quick, but sincere. They simply love it! One of my kiddos is known to always post a new note he gets from me on his "mini" office while working. What a great feeling knowing that your leaving some kind of a positive imprint on these children's lives. Like I always say, "Love is free, it costs to be mean."



4 comments

  1. That is such a great idea and something so simple! Thanks for sharing!
    Meghan
    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg the kids LOVE it!!!!! It takes up very little time. =) So worth it!!

      (( HUGS ))
      Tiffany

      Delete
  2. LOVE this idea! It really is simple, and I know the kids will love it. I love your blog! I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU So much Sarah! I've already paid a visit to your cute blog and have become your newest follower. =) Your Emma is a doll face.

      (( HUGS ))
      Tiffany

      Delete