Lord Have Mercy!!

Hello teacher friends! PTL for the story There Was An Old Lady Who....I don't know about you, but my Firsties are checking out and I'm feeling their pain as well. During this time of the year it's so hard but, so important to keep our kiddos active and engaged in learning. So I decided to do a project with them that would keep them busy with cutting, coloring, gluing, etc. I must admit I've gotten my Firsties pretty independent. So while they worked, I worked. I'm not the teacher who tolerates coming up to me every 5 minutes about this and that. (We use the word independent a lot in my class) As a class we read and discussed There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly. Then we took a look at a couple of other books about the crazy old lady that we've read during the school year. That's exactly what my firsties say about her. "She's crazy Miss May." LOL So PTL for There Was An Old Lady today. 7 days to go before I can stay up late and sleep in on a regular basis. =) Have a blessed week love bugs!



So here's my example; If I were the old lady I would swallow a big slice of pizza.




My sweet Evan wrote: If I were the old lady I would swallow a big ice cream cone.




My precious Sierra wrote: If I were the old lady I would swallow a big piece of candy.





Of course, I had to post our AWESOMENESS.


4 comments