LOVE CALLS

As most of you know I'm VERY into motivating my students and their parents. I do something from time to time called, LOVE CALLS. I came up with this idea a couple of years ago. I'm sure this idea has been out for many years, but just named something differently. What I do is just randomly throughout the day I stop a kid from working and we make a love call. I always ask the students who they would like to make the love call to. They either choose mom, dad, or sometimes a grandma. I always start the conversation off with, "This is Miss May and we're working in math right now, but I  decided Cate needed to make a love call. Cate gets on the phone and explains how great of a day she is having. Let me just say that the parents and students love it! This beats always getting a not so happy call. Yes, with those calls you always start off with the good, but yet you still have to tell the bad. This way your just only telling the good!


4 comments

  1. I love this idea! What a sweet thing to do. I'm sure that is something they will remember forever. :)
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete