Sending Lots of Love and Prayers...

My last post for the night. I wanted to end the evening with letting Moore, Oklahoma know that my heart and prayers are with them. I'm absolutely heart broken by what has happened. A dear co worker of mine has been notified that her daughter, grand baby, and son in law are safe. However, everything they had is gone. =( My firsties and I felt we needed to fill Moore, Oklahoma's bucket today. Please keep the people of this town lifted up in many, many prayers.




In first grade interactive writing is so important. We decided to write Moore, Oklahoma a letter. As you can tell they did most of the writing. We're thinking about you all. Love myself and my precious firsties.


This precious sweetie of mine wrote, "I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope it never does it again."


Another sweetie of mine wrote, "I am sorry you lost your house."



This sweetheart wrote, "Moore, Oklahoma I am sorry that happened. It will get better. I hope. I know you feel bad. I promise it will get better. I hope you feel better. I hope that doesn't happen in a long time. 


Lastly, one of my sweet firsties wrote a letter. Dear Moore Oklahoma, I have seen what happened. And I don't like it. I wish it never happened. Only it happened and now look at the mess it made. But I hope it will be better soon. I think tornadoes are very bad. I am very sorry it happened. But some of you are lucky because you lived. I bet we can make it all better soon. And have faith in yourself. (These were her EXACT words) Tear

Praying for Moore, Oklahoma!!



6 comments

  1. This is why we love you so much. You don't sugarcoat reality but rather help the children to express themselves while encouraging others.The morals and values that many of us share are 'fostered' in your classroom and out in the world. These kiddos are so blessed to have a teacher who truly teaches much more than academics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is why I LOVE what I do. I love you all so much as well.

      (( Hugs ))

      Delete
  2. Such a great activity for your kids to do, despite the fact that it is an unpleasant subject to write about! I'm glad I found your blog! Thanks for finding my blog. I'm a new follower.

    MrsMc from Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I must say some of us were a little sad as we first discussed the situation, but became better as we knew we were filling someone else's bucket. Thanks so much for the follow!

      ((Hugs))

      Delete
  3. Your letters are precious! What a great activity for your kids to do!

    I'm a new follower :)
    Enjoy the long weekend!
    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! They really enjoyed it! I'm on my way now to check out your bloggin' goodies! You have a super fab weekend as well.

      ((hugs))

      Delete