What Will I do Differently Linky Party

Hope you all had a very Happy Memorial Day! God Bless to all who have served our country and continue to serve. Takes a special inner being to do what you do. Also, to the families who sacrifice being away from those loved ones. (( BIG HUGS )) to you!

I just love a great linky party. I must admit I don't find interest in all but I have found a few that I like. Today's Linky Party is hosted by Kim at Finding JOY in 6th Grade I must say bless all you middle school and high school teachers. Not sure if I could do what you do.

What Would You Do Differently, Next School Year. 


So I'm the teacher who likes to get to school early and leave at 3:30. By the end of the day I'm pooped and I'm in no mood to stay for another hour or two after my kiddos have left. However, I find myself being the "bag lady" and taking paperwork home with me. Even though I gotta admit towards the end of the school year sometimes that bag gets in the car but never makes it in the house. (hehe)



My district adopted a Math program called Math Investigations a few years ago and I do like some of the components. I would just like to create a few more "center" type materials for my kiddos next year. I don't want just "busy" work. If I'm going to spend the time to prep these centers it better be worth it and meaningful for my kiddos.



I really need help with this. I'm very hard on myself and I don't know one teacher who isn't. I need to continue to remind myself that I'm doing my best and that's what counts. I definitely need to give myself more praise throughout the year and even during those most difficult times of the year.

So there you have it! Nothing like having a plan. I will definitely miss my Firsties, but I do look forward to a little TLC for myself. Have a fabulous week everyone. 8 more days for me. Yippee!!


8 comments

  1. So glad I found your blog! I love the happy colors. I totally agree with you about bringing home work. I hope with a second year in the same grade it will be better. (But probably not - ha!) Also - our district uses Investigations Math also. Gotta love those games!! :-)

    Corrina
    From Mrs. Allen’s Teaching Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! :) I am very critical on myself as well, and especially being a first year teacher. But you shouldn't be critical on yourself because I was looking around on your blog and you are doing wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwe you're too sweet!! Thank you so much!! Yay you've made it through the first year!!

      ((Hugs))

      Delete
  3. Just found you through the linky party! I love your adorably cute blog :)
    I need to be less hard on myself as well. There are so many great ideas out there that I want to do them all and it get's my stressed when I can't. I have to learn to stress less and what gets done, gets done. :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sara! I love your cute blog as well. Glad we're blogging buddies. ;)

      Delete
  4. I just finished my paperwork and it is 10:00! End of the year assessment paperwork is insane! I hope to do the same next year!
    Stop by sometime, I found you through the linky.
    :)
    Tamera
    My Heart Belongs in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just INSANE Tamera??!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you found me. I'm headed your way now!

      ((HUGS))

      Delete