Pumpkin Elf is back!

Hi friends! Happy Hump Day Evening. These days are FLYING by like crazy! I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday and its an early release day for my school. That means jeans tomorrow. Whoot! Whoot! So I hope the title of this post got your attention or maybe the photos on Instagram. I've been teaching for 9 nine years and I began this journey to always make sure that learning was fun and that my students felt safe and secure. It's not what you teach them it's how you treat them.

So when I began my journey as a 3rd grade teacher years ago I wanted to bring some excitement into their precious little worlds. I don't care they still like the cute things. :) So I decided to create this Pumpkin Elf friend of mine. Here's some info about Pumpkin Elf.

1. Pumpkin Elf only comes during the month of October and he only comes when the classroom is extremely clean, organized, and the kids must be always doing their very best. He loves clean and tidy rooms and he LOVES hard working children.

2. Pumpkin Elf is very fast and is hard to catch.

3. Pumpkin ELf doesn't come when you only worry about where he is or what he's doing. He wants you learning and working hard.

4.Pumpkin ELf is married to Mrs. Pumpkin Elf and they live in a big pumpkin house in the country.

5. Pumpkin ELf only likes things that are orange.

6. He can come into our room anytime of the day, but he doesn't like to be seen, because he doesn't like to distract learning. (He likes to hide and watch us learn)

7.He leaves Halloween treats throughout the whole month.

Let's just say that my 3rd graders loved it every year. So when I began teaching 1st grade I thought they would LOVE it just as much as my 3rd graders did and let's just say that they do!! I told the kids that he could come make a mess anytime of the day when we aren't in the room and some days he just might not come at all. Pumpkin Elf I love you, you've made so many children happy throughout my career so far. Keep up the great work buddy!




4 comments

  1. I love this idea! I'm with you, if I can make learning fun, I will; it's just better that way! Thank you for sharing this fun idea!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so muchAimee! The kids just love it!

      ((HUGS))

      Delete
  2. Omg what a cute idea!! Pumpkin Elf...I wonder if 3rd graders would like that?! hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I taught 3rd grade for 5 years and it worked like a charm. :)

      ((HUGS))

      Delete