Bath Tub Fun

I'm so addicted to Teachers Pay Teachers and I've met some really AMAZING teachers through it. Who can create wonderful projects for our eager learners? Us teachers of course!! Well I'm really in love right now with this new packet I purchased from my sweet friend Sarah Cooley from First Grader At Last. She's what I call an original OG blogger. I must say there are many OG's out there, but she is one who is definitely not full of herself and very down to earth. I've been turned off by some I'm not going to lie, but I just love me some sweet Mrs. Cooley! Any who here's her product that I'm blogging about tonight. When she posted this awesomeness on Instagram I new I had to have it!! Check out the pics below. Enjoy and have a blessed night!

Here's the awesome packet below. Not only is it very educational it's also very cute with my favorite clip art Melonheadz.


 The two anchor charts below discuss (th voiced) and (th unvoiced). Sarah made the cute posters and I added the cards to it. I gave each of my students a card with a (th) word and they had to come up and explain if the word was (voiced) or (unvoiced). It was a great way for me to assess my kiddos as well.


 Next I decided what a perfect way to continue with story problems. Yes, she has included a set of story problems in the packet. I modeled on the screen the importance of reading their story problem, retelling it, and then solving it by showing their thinking. Then of course I had to model my expectations of coloring and as you can see below they did FABULOUS!!

As you can see below, my Firsties are good about showing strategies. They made this teacher proud!


Sarah has included much more in this product that I plan on using this week as well. If you don't have this bad boy I would definitely check it out. Thank you Cutie Cooley! Love ya!



9 comments

  1. This looks so cute! I wish we could make our phonics cute (we use Saxon, the opposite of anything fun and cute). Ok, getting off my soapbox. I love how you made the unit your own by tasking the kids with determining if the digraph was voiced or unvoiced. And, you have some very talented artists; their coloring is wonderful!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! We all need to vent from time to time. Thanks so much Aimee for showing love. It's always appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Fun post, Tiffany! We've got -th (voiced & unvoiced) coming up in spelling soon...this packet will be perfect! Thanks so much for sharing! Melonheadz is my favorite, too!

    Alisha
    First Grade Follies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisha thanks so much! I tell ya the kids loved it and I believe they're Melonheadz fans just like their teacher. LOL Have a fabulous day!! :)

      ((HUGS))

      Delete
  3. Love that you reviewed the product! We need more practice with th too!

    ~Kourtney

    kourtneypayton83@gmail.com

    Mrs. Payton's Precious Kindergarteners

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was awesome and a great review with th!

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany May! You precious person, you! Please know that your sweet words just made my day! I'm so happy you liked it! hugs to you, friend! I always look forward to your Instagram words of inspiration and wisdom each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooley I just heart you!! (( BIG HUGS ))

      Delete